Click here for the latest on the Tryall Fund
Investing in our children’s future
The Tryall Fund, a 501(c) 3 US non-profit organization, was established over 50 years ago by Tryall Club homeowners. The mission of the Tryall Fund is to establish initiatives that support health, education, and welfare in the parish of Hanover, Jamaica.
The current initiatives include:
- “Success by Six”- our early childhood education program, which is currently practiced in 8 Basic schools, focuses on literacy through Process Phonics, math, nutrition, art, and tennis to over 320 three, four, and five-year-olds.
- Annual Dental Mission – a week long free dental clinic staffed by volunteer dentists, oral surgeons, dental students, dental hygienists, dental assistants, and Kiwanis volunteers, which offers instruction in oral hygiene, restorations, extractions, and cleanings. During the last clinic week, over 900 patients were seen.
- Scholarship Program – This initiative has surpassed the US million dollar milestone accomplished in just 11 years. With the awarding of 2022-2023 monies to Jamaican high school students through to advanced degree students for continued study in Jamaica, the Fund has helped 1,715 students totaling US $1,714,000.
- Support of the Evening Clinic at the Sandy Bay Health Clinic
- The annual Taste of Tryall fundraiser, a culinary celebration of delicious food prepared by our villa chefs along with entertainment and auctions, is slated for January 20, 2023.
- Building of the Hopewell Sports and Community Center in conjunction with Hanover Charities
- Employee Relief Fund in conjunction with The Tryall Club – This was recently developed to help sustain our Tryall Club employees through the COVID-19 pandemic.
These initiatives are supported by donations from Tryall Club members, guests, and others who care about our Jamaican community and its future. A volunteer board of directors meets bimonthly to oversee all of these initiatives. We are most grateful to all of our generous donors!
Checks made to the Tryall Fund may be sent to:
Merrill Lynch [attn. Schur Group]
8th floor, 360 Hamilton Ave.,
White Plains, NY 10601