Investing in our children’s future
The Tryall Fund, a 501(c) 3 US non-profit organization, was established over 50 years ago by Tryall Club homeowners. The mission of the Tryall Fund is to establish initiatives that support health, education and welfare in the Parish of Hanover, Jamaica.
The current initiatives include:
- “Success by Six”- our early childhood education program, which is currently practiced in 7 Basic schools, focuses on literacy through Process Phonics, math, nutrition, art and tennis to over 320 three, four and five year olds.
- Annual Dental Mission – a week long free dental clinic staffed by volunteer dentists, oral surgeons, dental students, dental hygienists, dental assistants and Kiwanis volunteers, which offers instruction in oral hygiene, restorations, extractions and cleanings. Last year, 900+ patients were served.
- Scholarship Program – In its 10th year, the 2019 program awarded US$210,000 to 180 students, high school through postgraduate, for study in Jamaica.
- Support of the Evening Clinic at the Sandy Bay Health Clinic
- The annual Taste of Tryall fundraiser, a culinary celebration of delicious food prepared by our villa chefs along with entertainment and auctions.
- Building of the Hopewell Sports and Community Center in conjunction with Hanover Charities
- Employee Relief Fund in conjunction with The Tryall Club – This was recently developed to help sustain our Tryall Club employees through the Covid-19 pandemic.
These initiatives are supported by donations from Tryall Club members, guests and others who care about our Jamaican community and its future. A volunteer board of directors meets monthly to oversee all of these initiatives. We are most grateful to all of our generous donors!